Shockwave Flash Plugin Crashes too frequently on Firefox,Help!!
Plugin crashes whenever I watch video or listen to audio websites
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.40.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.0
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 18.104.22.16862
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
This is some standard guidance that addresses the most common reasons for Flash problems in Firefox. I'm sure you've seen some of it before, but just in case:
(1) If you have any recorders/downloaders that interact with Flash media, make sure they are as up-to-date as possible, or disable them temporarily.
(2) Disable hardware graphics acceleration in Firefox and in Flash
(A) In Firefox, un-check the box here and restart:
orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Options > Advanced > General > "Use hardware acceleration when available"
(B) In Flash, see this support article from Adobe: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main_Solve_video_playback_issues
(3) Disable protected mode (Windows Vista and higher)
See this support article from Adobe under the heading "Last Resort": Adobe Forums: How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information. Click the "Reset Firefox" button. Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish. Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied. Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!