How to completely remove Snap.do. Nothing here works.
Snap.do, what mire is there to say. Ad/Remove doesn't get rid of it. Reset Firefox to default does not either. Windows Security Essentials and Malwarebytes are finding well over a dozen trojans. Is there a simple fix?
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Google Update
- Picasa plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Snap.do is troublesome, but I might be able to help here.
First, run scans again with Malwarebytes and microsoft security Essentials (make sure you update them and run full scans).
After scanning, restart your computer.
Then, open up your control panel, remove anything related to snap.do, browser protect, etc. Restart your computer again.
Then go to the Add-ons manager in Firefox, remove snap.do. Restart Firefox.
This should help, let me know if it doesnt
Edit: You can find some additional suggestions here: Something called Snap.do has hijacked my browser. How do I get rid of it?
I finally figure out the snap.do problem. I did all the above and removed snap.do from all the browser. Only issue was firefox, when opening it would go to snap.do I noticed if I did New window from firefox that all was good. I checked the properties from the desktop icon shortcut and found the problem. After Target listed "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" and then an URL address for snap.do. I got rid of the url and just had "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" and now all things are back working as normal.
thanks now my snap.do problem when open a new tab is gone.. i've removed it from CP & add-on 2days ago but i just run about:config now and it worked..
If you don't find "snap.do" then looking for "Sweetpacks", usually there is a toolbar, easy to remove in adds on, then reset you search engine.
I have removed it, thanks you so much
I have used this article to get it removed Remove Snap.do search Engine
Hi leomartintsa, is that your page, which you have posted in 4 different threads? There are some errors in those instructions. Also, the Reset is an alternative to making manual settings changes, not an additional step. If the user decides to reset, they can skip the manual settings changes.