avg secure search has taken over my computer ..make it go away
I can't seem to get rid of avg secure search can you help
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Hello hakenhake, see : How to uninstall AVG Secure Search - Removal instructions
Do you simply want to remove Secure Search altogether, or just from Firefox? To remove altogether: Control Panel>Uninstall>AVG Secure Search>Right-click>Uninstall
To remove from Fx: Enter '"about:config" in the Awesome Bar. You'll get a warning; don't worry, just be careful.
Scroll down to find this preference name: "browser.search.defaultenginename" (you can use the search bar to find it fast)
Click on it, and change it to "Google" or whatever you'd like to use.
Enjoy your manually modified Awesome Bar!
You go hit more searches and hit remove on avg then it will go away!
I've tried everything, too. FINALLY did this to get it off homepage....
click Firefox Options General tab [there it sits st Startup - Homepage] highlight and replace with another page.
It won't show up again.
Thank you, epicaleb. I did what what you said. Did not work.
I went back to" about:config". Searched remaining AVG reference by entering "avg" on the search bar. Two more items came up. (1) "avg.userPreferences.newtabDisabledByUser" - I set this to "true" (2) another line hat AVG used with with search words typed into the URL bar. I chose "Reset" on that one.
And, now, I am happy to report no more AVG. Thanks for your help! :)
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!