Where are the bookmarks saved on my hard disk?
Can someone who has read a KB article about this, just summarize a quick overview answer? I have a Windows XP computer and simply want to look at the the folder containing my bookmarks.
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.1"
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
As you can see in the above answer, there's no physical folder like IE's Favorites folder that contains bookmarks as discrete items.
That makes sense, except my Profile folder (under C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox) is empty. It does contain a folder Chrome, which is also blank. Why would I even have that?? I also looked throughout all folders under Mozilla Firerfox, and there was no file Places.sqlite. I'm running Windows XP; could you be thinking of another OS??
That is not where your Profile folder is located.
Firefox button (orange, upper left) -> Help > Troubleshooting Information - then hit Show Folder
The "Application Data" folder in XP/Win2K and the "AppData" folder in Vista/Windows 7 are hidden folders.
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile>\