How to get rid of the loading status at the bottom
The loading status is like how it is in chrome now. I absolutely hate that. I use the addon bar, so why can't i put it back into the addon bar. Its just additional stuff i dont need. I would also like it to be where if you hover over a link you can see it before you open it in the addon bar instead of the address bar. Problem with it being in the address bar is i can't see the whole link address.
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Pando Web Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0b11) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b11
With the next beta when you hover over a link it will display in the same place as the status messages.
To hide connection status messages, you can install the Stylish add-on, and then add the code shown here - http://userstyles.org/styles/43710 (it also includes a link to Stylish)
If you prefer not to install an add-on, it is possible to make the changes by adding the code to a file called userChrome.css. For details on this file see http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css
If the userChrome.css file already exists it should already contain the line beginning with @namespace, there is no need to add that line again, just copy the rest of the code below that line.
For more details on editing this file see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Editing_configuration
For another site that gives a good overview of editing this file, see the top part of this link - http://www.linnhe2.free-online.co.uk/firefox/chrome.html
Thanks. I wish there was a more official way. It would be nice to be able to add it back on to the addon bar.
If you want those "messages" where they were in Firefox 3.6.x and earlier versions of Firefox, check out this extension.
Install FlexBar and Status 4 Evar. With FlexBar, click the addons bar until there is a red X next to it and the status bar and the bar left over should be gone