You tube and twitter keep prompying me to upgrade firefox, but why is it that when I try I'm told my version is a higher spec already.
When I go on You tube (and other sites like ITV player for example), videos don't play properly and i am prompted to upgrade to a higher version of firefox. When i try to do this nothing changes and I still get the prompt. So I tried Google chromium and I get the message that I already have a newer version already. I'm using an Asus Eee PC netbook. Any ideas?
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r124
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_10
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/188.8.131.52
Check For updates by going to Help | Check for updates. If you are told an update is available, please install it. See Update Firefox to the latest release.
If you are told no updates are available, your User Agent might have been modified by a program you installed. Your User Agent lets websites know what browser you are using and what version you have. To reset this:
1. In the Firefox Location Bar, Where you enter the address of web pages, enter about:config
2. A This might void your warranty warning may appear. Click I'll be careful, I promise!
3. In the Filter text box, enter general.usergent
4. For each of those general.useragent preferences, right click them and choose reset
After resetting the user agent, you may need to clear your cache and cookies:
1. Tools | Clear recent history
2. Time range to clear: Everything
3. If it isn't already selected, select Cookies and Cache
4. Clear now
You can try to update or install a newer Linux version that supports Firefox 3.5/6
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Netbook_Remix http://www.auroraos.org/ Aurora - Welcome http://wiki.geteasypeasy.com/Get_Easy_Peasy
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/system-requirements.html - Firefox 3.6 System Requirements