How to open multiple hotmail accounts at the same time ?
Hi, Seems maybe normal for some people but I coming from internet explorer and with this explorer I was able to open multiple hotmail accounts at the same time, by default firefox can't do that, is there some setup to modify to open these at the same time ? Thanks in advance for any help. (Version updated 3.6.8) Regards, Chris
Дополнительные сведения о системе
Каждый раз при открытии Firefox
- BitDefender QuickScan Web Netscape Plugin
- LabVIEW 8.2 Netscape Plug-in for Win32
- PDF-XChange Viewer Netscape Gecko Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Panda ActiveScan 2.0 Plugin for Firefox
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; fr; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
You may want to look into Hotmail Watcher
What exactly happens when you go to open multiple accounts?
I tried this in IE8 and I was unable to use multiple accounts for hotmail at the same time, and I do not believe that this is available in any browser. But you can use other browsers, instead.
You can look at one of these if you want to sign on with different identities at the same time:
- CookiePie: http://www.nektra.com/oss/firefox/extensions/cookiepie/
- CookieSwap: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/3255
- Multifox: http://br.mozdev.org/multifox/ - Different logins at the same time
SET UP HOTMAIL TO OPEN TWO ACCOUNTS AT ONE TIME November, 2011
The instructions are long but only because great effort was placed at making them very detailed and easy to follow for the “timid”. Don’t be afraid to proceed! But I do suggest you read through the directions before you start just to familiarize yourself with them.
The illustrations used in these directions are from Mozilla Firefox 7.0.1 If you have an different version of Firefox, locations or descriptions of items may vary slightly but the procedure will still work.
1. Install Internet Explorer as your browser of choice (probably already set-up that way).
2. If you already have Mozilla Firefox also installed, uninstall Firefox before you proceed to the next step.
3. If you don’t already have one, create a desktop icon ONLY for your first Hotmail account sign in. If you have a desktop icon for your second Hotmail account, delete it now. After you install Mozilla Firefox you will be using the Mozilla Firefox icon for the second Hotmail account sign in.
4. Open the first Hotmail account (this will automatically open using Internet Explorer). Leave this first Hotmail account open.
5. Install Firefox. When asked if you want Firefox to be your default web browser, select YES. Don’t worry, you will be able to easily undo this and go back to Internet Explorer as your default browser at the end of this process. Go directly to Step 7 if you were successful in installing Firefox as your default web browser. Step 6 is only necessary if for some reason you did not successfully select Firefox as you default web browser during it’s installation. Skip Step 6 if you were successful in selecting Firefox as your browser of choice during it’s installation.
6. If for some reason you were not able to select Firefox as your browser of choice or if you already have Firefox installed on your computer and it is not your browser of choice, do the following:
6a. Click on the Mozilla Firefox desktop icon to launch the Firefox web browser.
6b. Click the 'Tools' Menu in the upper left hand corner of the open web browser window. Then select 'Options' from the drop-down list that will appear.
6c. In the Options box, select the 'Advanced' tab and then locate the 'System Defaults' section (bottom of box). Click the 'Check Now' button (to the far right on the first line of the System Defaults section) to have Firefox check whether it is the default browser.
6d. A 'Default Browser' dialog box will appear on your screen. Click the 'Yes' button to select Firefox as your default browser. The dialog box will disappear. Click OK to exit the Options box.
7. Firefox is now (temporarily if you wish) your default web browser. The main Firefox home page should now be on your monitor. In the Firefox search box, enter a search for “Hotmail Sign In” and click on any link that will give you a Hotmail “Sign In” page. Sign into the second Hotmail account and go to it’s Inbox.
8. You will now make the Hotmail Inbox your Firefox Homepage. Go to Tools OptionsGeneral Tab. Under Startup make sure “Show my home page” is selected. Right below that box is a line titled “Home Page”. Your second Hotmail account’s internet address is already inserted into the box just to the left of the words “Home Page”. Right underneath the box is a button “Use Current Page”. Click “Use Current Page”. This will make Hotmail Inbox open anytime in the future when you click on your desktop’s Mozilla Firefox icon. Click OK at the bottom to apply and exit.
9. Change the name of the Mozilla Firefox desktop icon to the name of the second email account (i.e. Don’s Hotmail) and the name of the other Hotmail (Internet Explorer) desktop icon to the other email account (i.e. Mary’s Hotmail).
10. To reset Internet Explorer as your computer’s browser of choice, double click on your desktop’s regular, actual Internet Explorer icon (not your Hotmail icon which uses Internet Explorer). You will get a notification that Internet Explorer is not set as your browser of choice asking you if you would like to set it as your browser. Click yes.
11. You are done!
10a.Your computer is now set to use Internet Explorer as your web browser. 10b.Your first Hotmail account is set to access the internet using Internet Explorer when you click on your first Hotmail’s desktop icon. If during the previous session you did not sign out of this Hotmail account, clicking on the desktop icon will take you directly into it’s inbox. If you did sign out of this Hotmail account during your last session, clicking on the desktop icon will automatically take you to the Hotmail sign in box associated with this account.
10c.Your second Hotmail account is set to access the internet using Mozilla Firefox when you click on your second Hotmail’s desktop icon. If during the previous session you did not sign out of this Hotmail account, clicking on the desktop icon will take you directly into it’s inbox. If you did sign out of this Hotmail account during your last session, clicking on the desktop icon will automatically take you to the Hotmail sign in box associated with this account.
10d. Because each account is using a different browser they are both now totally independent of each other and you can use both simultaneously and totally independent of each other. You can now leave both accounts in a “signed in” status by just closing the open window(s) using the “x” in the upper right hand corner or you can chose to sign in or out of either or both.
You can do the same with Firefox by opening two Firefox instances that each use a separate profile folder.