Where to get Google search? NOT Google Firefox.
Go to the search bar and delete any text in it. Now hit Enter. This takes you to the Firefox start page. I HATE IT!!! I don't want Firefox Google, I want GOOGLE Google. Is there any place where I can install a search engine where the default page is just plain old GOOGLE Google?
Also, please don't give me alternative solutions. Yea I know you can bookmark it and click on that. I know you can just set it to your home page, use google toolbar, or just type Google in the address bar. But I don't want any of that. I like to just hit Ctrl + K, Alt + Enter for fast access.
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
Yes, there is a way to do it, but it's not as easy it you're probably expecting it to be. Mozilla seemingly want people to use their search page at Google, because there's information there they spread to the users and so on. Anyway, here's the way to do it:
- go into your Firefox install folder (typically C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\) and open the folder searchplugins;
- delete (or back up somewhere else, not in this folder) the file google.xml; you can do this while Firefox is running, but you'll need to restart the browser for the search engine to disappear;
- go to google.com or wherever you want and add it as a search engine.
Alternatively, you can just change the google.xml file (open it with a simple text editor, that does it) and change the location it leads to. It's easy to find the line to change, since it's XML.
Also, remember that while minor updates won't add or restore this file to its original configuration, major updates of Firefox, or Firefox reinstalls (done manually) will, so you may need to go and change (or delete) this file again. This isn't as much a problem as it is something that you need to know, for when the next major update comes, or if you ever reinstall Firefox.
These changes are system wide and don't affect specific Firefox profiles, so bear that in mind too.
I hope this helps.
Look here for additional Google search engines: http://mycroft.mozdev.org/quick/google.html (no country redirect)