Firefox tells me that I don't have sufficient priveleges to upload new version.
When I tried to upload the new version of firefox, a message appeared that said I didn't have sufficient privileges to upload. This is a laptop which my son-in-law gave me. He doesn't remember his password.
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- -Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Plugin that plays RealMedia content
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- DivX Browser Plug-In: Plays DivX video in your browser!
- Verified Download Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/126.96.36.199
DOM nspector 188.8.131.52
If your downloading Firefox, another option is to use Firefox's menu Help > Check for updates then "Get New Version".
Otherwise, are you able to delete the current Firefox?
1) Use Finder and go to Applications. 2) Drag Firefox into the Trash 3) If you can do that, then Download your new copy of Firefox and move to Applications folder
If you cannot do that because of permissions, you need to fix your general Mac OS X issue.
Here is a link on how to fix a lost password: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1274
The last version for OSX 10.3.9 and earlier is Firefox 184.108.40.206. All newer Firefox versions require OSX 10.4 and newer. System requirements (minimum): http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/system-requirements-v2.html http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/system-requirements-v3.html http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/system-requirements.html
You currently have Firefox 220.127.116.11 installed, us-EN version; you can upgrade to Firefox 18.104.22.168: Download Firefox 22.214.171.124 for Mac, us-EN version: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/126.96.36.199/mac/en-US/ See: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Installing+Firefox+on+Mac
Other Issues: ~~red:You have installed plug-ins with known security issues. You should update them immediately.~~
Install/Update Adobe Flash Player for Firefox (aka Shockwave Flash): your ver. 10.0 r45; current ver. 10.1 r53 (important security update 2010-06-10; see: http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb10-14.html) ~~red:Check your version here~~: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/ See: Updating Flash -use Firefox to download and SAVE to your hard drive (save to Desktop for easy access)