WHEN I DOWNLOADED THE NEW VER OF FIREFOX FROM 3.03 I GOT THIS PROBLEM WITH REDIRECTING TO OTHER WEB SITES, IT FIRST STARTED WITH DOING YAHOO SEARCHS EVEN WHEN I HAVE MY COMPUTER SET UP TO USE GOOGLE, I REINSTALLED 3.03 BUT I STILL HAVE THIS REDIRECTING P
REDIRECTING TO OTHER WEB SITES
Every time Firefox opened
== AFTER I DOWNLOADED THE NEW VERSION
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- -Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_05 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/2010031422 Firefox/3.0.19 GTB7.0 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
NOT SURE WHAT YOU WANT HERE
I REINSTALLED THE OLD VERSION BUT REDIRECTING IS A FEATURE I GOT WHEN I DOWNLOADED THE NEW VERSION
Yes, that problem has nothing to do with the update. You should install the latest version, since Firefox 3 is no longer supported and has known bugs and vulnerabilities.
To fix your issue, if I'm not mistaken in my understanding of your description, do this: - access about:config in your address bar - if Firefox asks you something, say you'll be careful - now, search for "keyword.url" (without the commas) - right click the entry and select "Reset"
That should fix the issue. For future reference, if you want to prevent this kind of problems (and many other kinds of problems), I recommend you throughoutly read all the information presented by programs you install. The most likely scenario is you installed some program that had a ticked box called "set Yahoo as my default search engine" and you didn't notice and just pressed "next". You can simply untick that kind of boxes.
When I do this reset is not highlighted
Hopefully this support article is what you need: