How I deal with security certificate issues on sites I use all of the time?
I am being blocked from services like Drop Box and Yousendit.com because of security certicate issues. How do I resolve these?
URL of affected sites
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- -The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- Java Plug-in 1.4.2_04 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
There's probably some wiki page on that, but there should be some clear instructions on the screen when a page is blocked due to a faulty certificate. Add an exception or something like that. You should be able to instruct firefox to make a permanent exception.
If that isn't your problem, can you provide a screenshot of any error messages that may appear?
Check the date and time in the clock on your computer: (double) click the clock icon on the Windows Taskbar. See Secure connection failed and Firefox did not connect
This is a serious problem which should be properly addressed.
When "add security exception is used" All options other than "Get Certificate" are blanked out.
I want a security exception because the site does not have a certificate.
Please kindly fix this problem
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Basic Troubleshooting: Make a new profile":
There may be extensions and plugins installed by default in a new profile, so check that in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions & Plugins" in case there are still problems.
If that new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.