Login not working in Normal Mode, does work in Incognito or Troubleshoot Mode
Dear Firefox Support,
as an Manager Service Provider I use Firefox on a daily basis to access our management platforms. Just recently one of our providers launched an new platform to submit supporttickets, get information and sorts.
The issue I am facing is the following:
- start Firefox in Normal Mode
- login URL is https://me.n-able.com/s/sso-login
- upon entering my credentials and 2FA (which are 100% correct) I am presented with an error from SalesForce stating 'We can’t log you in because of an authentication error.'
When I start Firefox in either Incognito Mode or Troubleshoot Mode and following exactly the same process there is no issue all.
Of course I checked add-ons and extensions:
- between Normal and Incognito there is no difference
- between Normal and Troubleshoot I so no differences also
Best regards Bart Haarman HaarmanB ICT The Netherlands +31 592 580170
Все ответы (9)
You could try clearing the cache then deleting Cookies. If that doesn't work, try right-clicking the site in History then Forget about this site. Make sure you have a backup record of your user name and password before doing that because they will be forgotten also.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-browsing-search-download-history-firefox#w_remove-a-single-website-from-your-history
You can check for issues with Total Cookie Protection.
Did you try disabling your extensions?
Thank you all for replying and making suggestions.
- I have Firefox setup to automatically delete cache, history, cookies, etc. So it is very unlikely that these item are the reason for this issue
- as I stated in my submission logging in using the Incognito Mode is no problem.
In that mode extension are enabled as they are in Normal Mode. So it is very unlikely that these item are the reason for this issue as well
What I would like to know:
- what is at a deep level the difference between Normal Mode and Incognito Mode as the 1st poses problems whereas the 2nd does not...
You said it works in Troubleshoot Mode which doesn't have any private window features but does disable all your extensions.
Please try disabling your extensions, knowing which one is responsible may give a clue.
@zeroknight: I also mentioned login DOES work with Incoginito mode with all extensions enabled. But ok, I will try :-)
@all: culprit found. It turns out that one of the installed extensions is set to be disabled while in Incognito Mode, but still showing Enabled.... Note that this setting cannot be changed...
So while logging in using Incognito Mode that particular extension is not active and this logging in is no problem.
Extension: Firefox Multi-Account Containers.
I will analyse whether or not this extension can be disabled for specific websites.
You need to be careful when using the "Always open this in a Container" and "Limit to Designed Sites" features of Multi-Account Containers because login flow can sometimes go through different sites. If you don't use these features and just manually open containers when needed, there shouldn't be any issues.
Containers only work in regular mode and not in Private Browsing mode, so you won't be able to use/enable the MAC extension in PB mode.