Cookie permissions not transferred to new profile
I transferred data from an old profile into a new one as instructed here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/recovering-important-data-from-an-old-profile I did get my tabs, bookmarks and saved logins transferred, but every website I visit asks me about cookies as if it has never seen me before, which I would have liked to avoid. Should I have copied other files besides permissions.sqlite and the other ones mentioned in the above link to transfer my cookie permissions? Sync is not an option because my old laptop is broken. I could only copy the files from backups.
Все ответы (2)
You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer or recover personal data. Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins;32+) and key4.db (decryption key;58+) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
key3.db support ended in 73+; to use key3.db in 58-72, make sure to remove key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
Thanks cor-el. I copied those files but it seems cookie information was not transferred. It's not a big problem but it is somewhat annoying having to set cookie permissions again on every site I frequently visit.