Autoplay Disabled but Some Videos Still Autoplay
I have disabled autoplay in my preferences for all websites, but some videos on some websites still autoplay. (This is under Preferences / Privacy and Security / Autoplay. Under "Default for all Websites", it is set to Block Audio and Video.) How is it that some websites are able to get around this? Is there a way to defeat them?
Все ответы (4)
How about trying the same process in a new version of Firefox.
Can you provide the site that auto plays for you?
You can look at these prefs on the the about:config page to see what settings work for you to block autoplay.
- media.autoplay.default = 5 [0:allow;1:blockAudible;2:Prompt;5:blockAll]
- media.autoplay.blocking_policy = 2
- media.autoplay.allow-extension-background-pages = false
- media.autoplay.block-event.enabled = true
You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I accept the risk!" to continue.
jonzn4SUSE and cor-el: thanks for the replies. To answer your questions:
1. According to About Firefox, my version is up to date. It is 78.6.1esr. 2. One site that autoplays videos, despite my settings, is www.espn.com/nba 3. My about:config settings (after a search for "autoplay" are currently set to:
dom.media.autoplay.autoplay-policy-api false media.autoplay.allow-extension-background-pages true media.autoplay.block-event.enabled false media.autoplay.block-webaudio false media.autoplay.blocking_policy 0 media.autoplay.default 5 media.autoplay.enabled false media.block-autoplay-until-in-foreground true media.geckoview.autoplay.request false media.geckoview.autoplay.request.testing 0 services.sync.prefs.sync.media.autoplay.default true
media.autoplay.default = 5 [0:allow;1:blockAudible;2:Prompt;5:blockAll] SAME AS MINE media.autoplay.blocking_policy = 2 MINE IS 0. SHOULD I CHANGE? media.autoplay.allow-extension-background-pages = false MINE IS TRUE. SHOULD I CHANGE? media.autoplay.block-event.enabled = true MINE IS FALSE. SHOULD I CHANGE?
Thanks for the help.
After posting the details (see above), anybody got any suggestions?