84 update lost all my bookmarks, my android version shows them but I can't sync them back. Please help
Firefox (Android) still seems to have all the bookmarks listed under "Desktop Bookmarks". Am entirely lost as to why there is no manual export/backup of bookmarks. Please can someone help me retrieve my "Desktop Bookmarks" folder from my Android install?
Over the last week or so I've been through two (Desktop) Firefox "updates", first good, now LOST! For some reason my 64 bit Win10 version has lost Bookmarks menu toolbar AND ALL (personal) bookmarks.
- Tried many times to manually sync Android version with no success.
- checked sessionstore-backups
- Checked for duplicate profiles, found one (made it default in new window, still no bookmarks)
- Attempted to uninstall & re-install
- Even did Windows restore roll back, but zero help
With regards, Dave
Все ответы (6)
Hi Dave, unfortunately there is no way to export bookmarks in Firefox for Android.
Can you redisplay the Bookmarks Toolbar using either Ctrl+Shift+B or the toolbar list -- the list can be displayed using any of the following:
- right-click (on Mac Ctrl+click) a blank spot on the tab bar (or the "+" button)
- (menu bar) View > Toolbars
On Windows, tap the Alt key to activate the menu bar temporarily.
- in Customize mode > Toolbars button (see: Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars)
But that won't help get back deleted bookmarks.
Are there any automatic bookmark backups from the relevant time listed on the Restore menu? This article has the steps to get to that menu: Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer.
Sorry jscher2000, none of your suggestions worked for me. No bookmark backups listed on Restore menu sadly for me.
All the bookmarks from my desktop install are visible within the Android browser and as you say; there is no way to export them... I've noticed my Android Firefox has not synched for 5 days.
Wow, I wish the dev team had allowed an export as html in the Android iteration.
The only way that I can think to do it is to:
- Make sure you are signed out of any Firefox Account on the desktop copy of Firefox.
- Sign into a Firefox Account in Firefox for Android, and select Sync Now in the option.
- Sign into the same Firefox Account on your desktop.
The bookmarks should then Sync across and could then be exported to a HTML list.
I thought like Seburo.
Well. Here we are nearly four weeks and change down the track, and most of my bookmarks have returned to my main PC!
Thanks for your quick replies and help, esp. @jscher2000 & @Seburo.
Wondering if there was something in the 84.02 incremental?
I worked through nearly all that was suggested above and:
- saved the profile folders and tried all options visible
- Found a website which allowed me to "read" the json files and extract (sorry I can't recall the details)
- Restored the PC to pre-firefox "update" save
- Noticed all my Desktop bookmarks were still visible in my Android phone and tablet. Contemplated manually loading all of the bookmarks (numbering in the hundreds!)
- Decided I couldn't allow any more of my time and uninstalled Firefox entirely from the PC
- Prevented Android updating Firefox on both phone and Tablet devices for nearly three weeks (no mean feat)
- Re- installed firefox to PC after two to three days and a couple of restarts and added account details.
- Two to three days later, menu toolbar started showing some bookmarks and most if not all bookmarks had re-appeared.
All up over-spent around 18 hours trying to fix the problem (even though having an account syncing across 4 different devices suggested to me it my bookmarks and history and tabs ought to have some redundancy)
Thank you for the update and sorry for the effort you have gone through. Is everything okay now?