Does the latest version of Firefox support "Tab Groups", "Tabs on Bottom" & "Status 4-Evar" ?
I am still using Firefox version 56.02 64bit, in order to have the use of these Add-ons. Thanks for you help, much appreciated.
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Shockwave Flash 30.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0
I am not familiar with "Tab Groups."
Extensions cannot move toolbars to different locations or create news ones. For "Tabs on Bottom" you will need to use custom style rules in a userChrome.css file. See: https://www.userchrome.org/what-is-userchrome-css.html#movetabbar
What does "Status-4-Evar" do?
Thank you for your reply.
1. Tab Groups was once included in Firefox, then it was taken out of the downloaded program, and a couple of similar features were available as add-ons. If you keep many tabs open it allows you to group them (e.g. a 'Financial' group, a 'Email & Services' group, or a group for your hobby interests etc.) thereby not having many, many tabs open in the same ribbon at once & having to scroll through them to find what you want.
2. I will look at your link for moving the Tabs to the bottom, which I suspect is what the author has probably used in his 'Add-On".
3. The 'Status 4 Evar' Add-on shows a customisable status bar progressing along the Address bar as a web-page is loading.
The above three Add-ons are all 'Legacy' add-ons which I can still use in version 56, however, after version 57 they didn't work, so I just wondered if anyone knew if they had been updated now, without me having to upgrade & then down grade again if they couldn't be installed in the current version.
For #1, there are some new extensions related to tab groups, but I don't know how they compare with the one you have used before.
For #3, as far as I know, extensions in Firefox 57+ cannot manipulate the background color of the address bar in that manner (they could change it from one color to another, but not in increments).
Quoting the author :
" Inspired by the old add-on Tab Groups "
Instead of tab groups you can consider to use containers.
- Firefox Multi-Account Containers https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers/
Thank you, I will try the containers.