Firefox Suddenly Stopped Allowing Files to be Attached to Emails
22 Hours ago, Firefox suddenly would no longer allow files (of any kind) to be attached to outgoing emails. When I try to do this, I always get the same message: "The following files could not be attached ... please try again later." The email accounts are all through MSN, and are accessed through Outlook. Note that when using Explorer and Edge to access Outlook / email, I can attach files as usual, so I conclude the problem is with Firefox. Note that I have tried the following, with no success:
- Cleared all FF caches / history / Cookies, followed by restart.
- Performed "Refresh Firefox," followed by restart.
- Deactivated all extensions, and then restart.
- Uninstalled / Reinstalled Firefox.
- Verified that there are no unanticipated users in user log.
- the last FF update occurred 2 weeks ago.
- No crashes detected in the last 6 months.
- No software programs added or deleted in the last 6 months (except FF as noted above in the attempt to fix this problem).
No other problems encountered.
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0
FYI, Outlook is a very picky email online program. Best Advice is to use IE or Edge as it is more configured to run for those to Browser. And changes in firefox security browser could be the reason why it breaks as well. But if you going to use Outlook webmail it's best to use IE or Edge instead.
Thanks for the reply. For me, FF is far superior to IE & Edge and I am greatly hoping not to have to resort to those browsers. While I too thought about the changes in FF, it makes no sense to me to have waited two weeks after the last update to have this problem start. I can't help but think there is something else happening here.