Firefox window restores to a smaller size every time it has been minimized.
Since the last couple of updates, Firefox has begun to restore minimized windows to a smaller size every time it is restored.
Example (sizes are ballpark, not exact): Window is 1200x800. Minimize and restore. Now it is 1000x650. Minimize and restore. Now it is 800x400. Minimize and restore. Now it is 600x300. And so on, all the way down to nothing.
I have two windows (both with this behavior), one on each monitor. I run Windows 8.1 and Firefox 48. Same behavior in safe mode so not addon-related.
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- FortiClient SSLVPN CacheCleaner Firefox Plugin
- FortiClient SSLVPN CacheCleanerEx Firefox Plugin
- FortiClient SSLVPN Tunnel Service Firefox Plugin
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.101.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- LastPass Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- Skype for Business Web App Plug-in
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- The VMware Client Support Plug-in
- VMware Remote Console Plug-in
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
You may have corrupt xulstore.json or Localstore.rdf file.
Close Firefox. Open your file browser to this hidden location:
- Mac: *~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/
- Linux: *~/.mozilla/firefox/
- Windows: %AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\
Locate the above files. Then rename or delete them. Restart Firefox.
Update your Flash Player Note: Windows users should download the active_x for Internet Explorer. and the plugin for Plugin-based browsers (like Firefox).
Note: Windows 8 and Windows 10 have built-in flash players and Adobe will cause a conflict. Install the plugin only. Not the active_x.
Flash Player Version: 188.8.131.52 Flash Player (Linux) Version 184.108.40.2062
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ Direct link scans current system and browser Note: Other software is offered in the download.
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ Step 1: Select Operating System Step 2: Select A Version (Firefox, Win IE . . . .) Note: Other software is offered in the download.
See if there are updates for your graphics drivers https://support.mozilla.org/kb/upgrade-graphics-drivers-use-hardware-acceleration
Thanks but I'm sorry - it did not solve my problem. I had both files which I removed but the behavior continues.
Just noticed more weirdness. I have a window on another monitor which usually just sits there maximized. When I de-maximize it and then minimize and restore, it comes back larger than before. Very strange.
Before anyone suggests to try with just one window, I did that. After deleting those two files Firefox will open in just one window when started. I tested that window right away and it repeated the shrinking behavior I've seen before.
I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.