Эта тема была архивирована. Если вам нужна помощь, задайте новый вопрос.
I have googled this problem, found some solutions but none of them work.
I disabled YesScript, problem solved.Прочитайте этот ответ в контексте 👍 2
Все ответы (4)
Type about:addons<enter> in the address bar to open the Add-ons Manager. Hot key; <Control>(Mac=<Command>) <Shift> A)
On the left side of the page, select Plugins. Make sure the ones you want to use are set to Ask or Allow.
Go to the web page. Once the page is loading, mouse to the address bar and Left click the icon. Select Permissions. In the menu, Make sure the ones you want to use are set to Ask or Allow.
This issue can be caused by corrupted cookies or cookies that are blocked.
- check the permissions in "Tools > Page Info > Permissions"
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and remove the cookies from websites that cause problems via the "3-bar" Firefox menu button (Options/Preferences).
"Clear the cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove the cookies" from websites that cause problems.
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window
I disabled YesScript, problem solved.
That was very good work. Well Done. Please flag your last post as Solved Problem so others will know.