Эта тема была архивирована. Если вам нужна помощь, задайте новый вопрос.
I've downloaded fonts, and it has altered websites.
Today I downloaded one-thousand-and-something fonts, making a total of 7,131. I have a lot of fonts because I edit videos and images, and use different fonts according to the theme/feel of the edit.
Today, one of the one thousand fonts somehow took control of webpages, and changed their font to the downloaded font. I don't know which font it is, and it's influencing websites such as: Facebook, Twitter, and LADBible's comment section.
It doesn't do this to all websites, and the ones that are effected, aren't fully modifed, only part of the sites are.
I request help to revert the websites.
Все ответы (5)
You can try to check the font in the Web Console (Firefox/Tools > Web Developer).
You can right-click on a web page and select "Inspect Element" to open the Inspector (Firefox/Tools > Web Developer).
- You can check the font used for selected text in the Font tab in the right pane of the Inspector.
Note that such an issue can be caused by a problem with the currently set default font.
Thank you! I should have thought to use the Inspector.
I've found out that Helvetica Neue is the font that has sabotaged my web surfing experience. What do you recommend I do? Delete the font (I really like the Helvetica font family)?
The default font is Times New Roman. I haven't messed around with that stuff. I've been using FireFox for many years, and it has always been Times New Roman. I also allowed websites to use their own font.
Although, I think we found the source of the problem (Helvetica Neue), meaning, the settings of FireFox aren't apart of the issue, right?
We have seen in the past a lot of issues with Helvetica fonts on Windows, so it might be better to uninstall them or make sure that they are true type or open type versions that do not have any errors if you check those fonts in a program like fontforge.
This is odd...
I deleted all Helvetica fonts from the Registry, because they wouldn't delete from the usual method (Computer > Windows (C) > Windows > Fonts). Though, now it has been deleted (I confirmed by checking the fonts folder).
Yet, after deleting all traces of the Helvetica font family, I went back on the internet, and it's still active on those webpages, but for Twitter, it has gotten bolder.
Forget about my reply yesterday. It worked. All that was required for me to do, after deleting the fonts, was to restart my laptop.
Thank you for your assistance!