Firefox can't open any Microsoft link - get "windows stopped working error"
When I try to open a Microsoft Word or xls file (not Powerpoint), I get the useless Microsoft popup: "Microsoft X has stop working. Windows is looking for a solution....". This just started the other day and I haven't made any changes to my computer. I don't know if this an Office or Firefox issue. It happens on multiple website/programs in Firefox.
Moses and jscher2000,
I figured out what happened with not being able to open Word or Excel inside Firefox. We run Firefox from inside Sandboxie (virtual browser) and once I cleaned it out (from all the crap people try to install on my computer) I no longer have the problem.Прочитайте этот ответ в контексте 0
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer 18.104.22.168
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
Moses, I don't know if you'll see this post since the problem has been marked solved but I had a chance to try your fixes (for Firefox crashing when uploading a file) and they did not work. As a reminder, when I go to attach a file to an email often the browser crashes. I then restart and the next time I do it it works. When the issue happens there are no error messages. It just crashes and closes. Any more ideas?
Do you have security software that might be scanning the file or otherwise cause issues?
No. Even so it would give an error but should not crash the browser.