How to disable anti-alasing completely in firefox 30?
Till today I used an add-on to remove the anti-alasing functionality to get clear, sharp Fonts in Firefox. With Firefox 30 the add-on is no longer supported. And now I am back at the beginning with this prblem as I already hat in Firefox 17.
Here an example of what I mean. http://s1.directupload.net/images/140612/rl8qxiiu.jpg
The upper line is as Windows renders fonts without antialasing and so did firefox until firefox 29. The bottom line is how firefox renders fonts in firefox 30. I can not live with that washed-out, frayed fonts, I get headache from that.
Can someone tell me how to remove this anti-alasing feature completely out of my firefox?
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Lingoes Text Capture Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- Google Update
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Unity Player 4.1.5f1
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- AppWorld NPAPI plugin
- Office Live Update v1.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
What is the name of the add-on? Did you check it's web page for updates?
I think we should continue in your earlier thread: Firefox loses all charakters after disabling an add-on
This thread is about Firefox 30, while the other one is Firefox 24 ESR, so maybe better to keep separate...
Is hardware acceleration working on your Firefox 30? You can check on the Troubleshooting Information page, either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Troubleshooting Information
- Help menu > Troubleshooting Information
- type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter
Search in the page for GPU and check what you have for "GPU Accelerated Windows". If hardware acceleration is enabled and working, it should show all windows accelerated. If it is blocked, it should show zero windows accelerated.
Here is the section about the GPU
Good idea showing all the detail.
I think the reason the extension doesn't work is that the current Azure back end is not Direct2d. The extension works with that technology, and/or DirectWrite.
Could you check this setting:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste gfx and pause while the list is filtered
(3) If gfx.content.azure.backends is not set to
could you right-click > Reset it.
Are any other gfx. preferences set to non-default values?
I did that, "direct2d,cairo" was default. Other preferences were not changed by me.
Tagged as escalate. See Escalation Guidelines
Help Desk Note Jeff was asking
How can I escalate this to someone to figure out why direct2d is not being used?