Acest fir de discuție a fost arhivat. Adresează o întrebare nouă dacă ai nevoie de ajutor.
Firefox 6 internal search box missing/disabled after restart
The default internal search box for Firefox 6 is disabled. As in the box is there but NO search engine is present, nor can i add it back with "Manage Search Engines" box...
Toate răspunsurile (1)
The following should restore the search engines that were installed when you first installed Firefox. Any search engines that you added, will need to be added again after you complete the following. Do not skip a step.
- Open your Profile folder
- click Help > Troubleshooting Information; a new tab will open with the Troubleshooting Information page
- under "Application Basics" to the right of "Profile Directory", click "Open Containing Folder"; a Windows Explorer window will open
- scroll down in the Windows Explorer window and you will see 2 files named search.sqlite and search.json
- Leave the Windows Explorer window open, but exit Firefox before proceeding (Firefox button > Exit OR File > Exit)
- In the Windows Explorer window rename the 2 files search.sqlite and search.json, or delete them if you wish.
- Restart Firefox. The 2 files will be recreated with the default search engines installed and your Search Bar should now have the search engines that it would contain when Firefox was originally installed.
Many thousands of search engines can be chosen from here: http://mycroft.mozdev.org/
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Modificat în de SafeBrowser