Acest fir de discuție a fost arhivat. Adresează o întrebare nouă dacă ai nevoie de ajutor.
Print webpage enlarges 4x
- When I try to print a webpage using Firefox, the page enlarges 4x and therefore I only get 1/4 of the webpage on an 8.5 x 11 sheet. If I change my browser to Chrome or IE, it prints correctly. If I scroll to the bottom of the Firefox Print Dialog window and select "Print using system dialog" it also works correctly.
- I have the zoom set to 100 and the Print Dialog paper size set to Letter, It is set to print to page width, I tried it with Scale 100 but it didn't help. I also went to about: config and checked that the paper size and scaling were set to 1.
- The the picture of the Print Preview looks exactly like should be when printed, but when it is sent to the Lexmark S505 printer the size is too large.
Since I print 50-100 individual webpages a week, I cannot use Firefox if this can't be corrected.
Thanks, Randall Win7 Pro
Modificat în de ZZZRSC
Toate răspunsurile (4)
Mine started doing this recently. Win 11 Pro, Epson ET-3750, Firefox 99.0.1 64 bit. It only appears to do it when printing directly through the Firefox print dialog; oddly enough when I use the system dialog things print just fine. Never had this before.
Fixed it with the directions on this page. The part where it says "Clear Saved Print Settings"
I originally tried Google and got directed to a bunch of stuff from older versions of Firefox. This one works for the latest version.
The System Details show you run an older Firefox 94.0.1 version that is no longer supported with security updates.
Could you please update to the current Firefox 99.0.1 release.
- Help -> About Firefox
This can be caused by a mismatch between the print resolution stored in Firefox and the actual print resolution. For example, if your printer outputs at 300dpi but Firefox sends it 600dpi output, it will be 4x too large.
Clearing all data saved for the printer will resolve it --
Fixed it with the directions on this page. The part where it says "Clear Saved Print Settings" https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-printing-problems-firefox I originally tried Google and got directed to a bunch of stuff from older versions of Firefox. This one works for the latest version.
-- but if you want to keep as much other printer data as possible, you can try this:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.
More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. The moderators would like us to remind you that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future. Since we have had this setting for a long time and I use it myself, I feel comfortable mentioning it.
(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste print_resolution and pause while the list is filtered
Firefox should list preferences like print.printer_<myprinter>.print_resolution for each printer for which it has stored data.
(3) For each printer that has a problem, click the garbage can icon at the end of the row for its print_resolution setting to clear it
That should take care of it.