Este tópico foi arquivado. Faça uma nova pergunta se precisa de ajuda.
Firefox 22 on a MAC suddenly stopped remembering username/passwords and will NOT PROMPT to save a password (except on this site)
I think I've been using Firefox 22 with a MAC desktop for awhile. Changed password for Yahoo and forgot to click remember password, so I set out trying to figure out how to get a prompt again. And then suddenly NO remembered login info for ANY site. I've done the usual:
1. Preferences > Security - Remember passwords always checked. No exceptions. 2. Tools > Page Info > Security > Passwords saved = Nothing. For any site 3. I've tried booting in Safe Mode...no change
It's as if all the login info has been deleted/turned off. I did try to get the password prompt for the site with the new password by deleting the old passwords under Passwords Saved> Show Passwords hoping that would get a prompt for the site. Nothing.
When I logged into THIS site after setting up an account, I did successfully get a password prompt and retained the password.
I have no idea why the login credentials disappeared for ALL sites. I also have NO idea how to get a previously "unsaved" password site to prompt so I may save the password.
I've seen some help info that says to check Tools> Options (I don't have an "options tab" within Tools. The only recent change I've made is the installation of DivX software.
Todas as respostas (3)
Websites remembering you and automatically log you in is stored in a cookie.
- Create an Allow cookie exception to keep such a cookie, especially for secure websites and if cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
To see all History and Cookie settings, choose:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions
The Yahoo website is using autocomplete=off to prevent Firefox from saving and filling the name and password.
You can remove autocomplete=off with a bookmarklet to make Firefox save names and passwords and other form data.
- Remember Passwords: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/remember-passwords/
- Saved Password Editor: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/saved-password-editor/
Thanks for the advice Cor-el.
I don't want the Website to remember me through its' cookies. I've always deleted cookies automatically after closing firefox while retaining saved passwords. I'd prefer Firefox retaining ITS' ability to manage stored passwords.
I'll check into the other links for info. What I'm most interested right now is finding out how to get those usernames and passwords that were previously stored and saved back (if possible).
Also, I believe I've gone through most of the stuff in the other posted sites. Firefox has ALWAYS allowed me to save and store my Yahoo password. All of my preference settings have remained the same.
Is there some overriding setting for ALL previously stored passwords that is being suppressed which might lead to Firefox reverting back to remembering the username and passwords previously stored?