Denne tråden ble arkivert. Still et nytt spørsmål dersom du trenger hjelp.
Aurora 7.0a2 crashes soon after opening
My Aurora won't stay loaded today. It stays open for a few seconds, enough to start to read the page, which is an error page in response to the previous crash(es) of today, but then within about 10 seconds or less that crashes, too. I was able to open it in Safe Mode by holding down Option as I opened it, and it stays open that way. Any suggestions, or should I fall back to the latest beta? Or go forward to the newest version 8.0a1, although I can't find a download for that yet. I went to about:crashes but could not find any Crash IDs for my system for today, although Preferences > System Defaults is set to Submit Crash Reports.
Here is the most relevant part of the Mac crash report l---
Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000 Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Application Specific Information:
- error for object 0x127885538: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.
Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread 0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff84cfc0b6 __kill + 10 1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff84d9c9f6 abort + 83 2 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff84d8b62d szone_error + 519 3 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff84cb28ed tiny_malloc_from_free_list + 370 4 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff84cb1abd szone_malloc_should_clear + 242 5 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff84cb198a malloc_zone_malloc + 82 6 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff84cafc88 malloc + 44 7 XUL 0x00000001020b7bd1 InitExnPrivate(JSContext*, JSObject*, JSString*, JSString*, unsigned int, JSErrorReport*) + 1505 8 XUL 0x00000001020ba30d js_ErrorToException(JSContext*, char const*, JSErrorReport*, JSErrorFormatString const* (*)(void*, char const*, unsigned int), void*) + 765 9 XUL 0x0000000102080a05 ReportError(JSContext*, char const*, JSErrorReport*, JSErrorFormatString const* (*)(void*, char const*, unsigned int), void*) + 101 10 XUL 0x00000001020838d0 js_ReportErrorNumberVA(JSContext*, unsigned int, JSErrorFormatString const* (*)(void*, char const*, unsigned int), void*, unsigned int, int, __va_list_tag*) + 384 11 XUL 0x000000010205b6d6 JS_ReportErrorFlagsAndNumberUC + 134 12 XUL 0x000000010206c8da js::RegExp::compile(JSContext*, js::TokenStream*) + 1818 13 XUL 0x000000010217b816 js::RegExp::create(JSContext*, JSString*, unsigned int, js::TokenStream*) + 198 14 XUL 0x00000001021784be SwapRegExpInternals(JSContext*, JSObject*, js::Value*, JSString*, unsigned int) + 126 15 XUL 0x0000000102178df5 CompileRegExpAndSwap(JSContext*, JSObject*, unsigned int, js::Value*, js::Value*) + 1317 16 XUL 0x000000010217943f regexp_construct(JSContext*, unsigned int, js::Value*) + 575 17 ??? 0x00000001045c8503 0 + 4368139523 18 XUL 0x00000001021feb31 js::ExecuteTree(JSContext*, js::TraceMonitor*, js::TreeFragment*, js::VMSideExit**, js::VMSideExit**) + 801 19 ??? 0x0000000128006958 0 + 4966082904 20 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff84cafc88 malloc + 44
All Replies (3)
Ghostery was the culprit. Guess we can't really say they're at fault, though, since this is not a full release, not even a beta.
I found it by the process of disabling my add-ons and plug-ins. First I disabled them one-by-one. Still crashed. Then I told Safe Mode to 'permanently' disable them. It stayed up. Then I began enabling them one-by-one. It stayed up, UNTIL I enabled the Ghostery extension, then it crashed again.
Contact the developer of Ghostery and let him know about that problem.
8.0a1 is not the newest version as 6.b1, 7.0a2 and 8.0a1 are all Test builds in various stages of development from somewhat stable to bleeding edge. The newest version is still Firefox 5.0 (5.0.1 was just for Mac)