On windows 10, getting error messages on websites including big names like logitech.com after firefox updates from 84.0 to 85.0. Reinstall of 84.0 and sites wor… (meer info)
On windows 10, getting error messages on websites including big names like logitech.com after firefox updates from 84.0 to 85.0. Reinstall of 84.0 and sites work again. Other major browsers also work fine.
Specific error message is:
Secure Connection Failed" "An error occurred during a connection to ***websitehere***. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR." "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified."
- I did an uninstall on the machine and deleted all mozilla folders from program files / app data followed by a fresh install of firefox 85.0 on machine, didn't help.
- I uninstalled firefox again and wiped folders then installed 84.0 and turned off updates. All websites work fine. After auto update to 85.0, sites don't work again.
- Cleared cache/history/etc and even created a new profile. Nothing helps.
- Doesn't happen on all machines I don't think but is starting to appear on several and that number has been increasing over the last 2 days. I haven't looked to see if I could find someone's machine that has 85.0 and is working besides mine yet.
- I received a replacement laptop on Wednesday for work and did all windows updates prior to installing any programs, domain join, etc. As part of the program loadout I install, firefox is included in that list. I installed 85 available from the website and logitech.com works fine.
- Appears to be some kind of issue that happens right after firefox does it's update and whatever the root cause is sticks behind after an uninstall and deletion of all the folders. Maybe something in the registry?
With how many computers this is starting to show up on now, it would appear that this should be noticed by others and I wanted to reach out and make sure Mozilla is aware.