Zoeken in Support

Vermijd ondersteuningsscams. We zullen u nooit vragen een telefoonnummer te bellen, er een sms naar te sturen of persoonlijke gegevens te delen. Meld verdachte activiteit met de optie ‘Misbruik melden’.

Learn More

Deze conversatie is gearchiveerd. Stel een nieuwe vraag als u hulp nodig hebt.

Kerberos Authentication Not Working on OS X 10.6

  • 1 antwoord
  • 2 hebben dit probleem
  • 128 weergaven
  • Laatste antwoord van richardmm

more options

Using FF version 20.0, on OS X 10.6.8, I can not get it to use Kerberos authentication to allow SSO to a SharePoint web site.

On OS X 10.8, with the same configuration in the about:config, everything works fine - the user is not prompted for credentials.

I have put the necessary entires in network.negotiate-auth.delegation-uris and network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris, network.negotiate-auth.gsslib is set to true.

When I have setup to log the errors from the authentication module, I find in the log file "Fail to load gssapi library".

Interestingly on 10.8, when I start Firefox from the command line the Kerberos authentication does not work. When I start it via the icon, it does. What is the difference? Are the preferences not being loaded when launching via the command line?

Thanks for any help, Richard

Gekozen oplossing

Found the solution:

Was a combination of kinit being run on login (apparently a known 10.6 bug). Our Mac team were able to alter the appropriate plist file so that this does happen on login.

We also had to add an extra SPN for the actual server, as well as the DNS name of the SharePoint site we were trying to access with Kerberos authentication - although this may have something to do with using host-named site collections at the SharePoint end.

Main problem was the kinit thing though.

Dit antwoord in context lezen 👍 1

Alle antwoorden (1)

more options

Gekozen oplossing

Found the solution:

Was a combination of kinit being run on login (apparently a known 10.6 bug). Our Mac team were able to alter the appropriate plist file so that this does happen on login.

We also had to add an extra SPN for the actual server, as well as the DNS name of the SharePoint site we were trying to access with Kerberos authentication - although this may have something to do with using host-named site collections at the SharePoint end.

Main problem was the kinit thing though.