Why does Firefox randomly disconnect my tabbed windows into their own window?
I use tabbed browsing in my Firefox, since up grading to Firefox 18 it will occasionally, at random, disconnect a tab from the group. There doesn't seem to be a pattern and I am not telling it to separate the tab from the group.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_39 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Update
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2066
- Unity Player 3.5.3f3
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Winamp Application Detector
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.115
- Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Bulleted list itemFirefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!