Facebook keeps telling me my version of firefox is not up to date and is insecure, but I have already updated 3 times.
Every time I go to facebook, a small box above where I put in my status update says this: You may want to upgrade your browser.
You're using an old version of Firefox that is no longer supported and may be insecure.
To upgrade, open Firefox's Help menu and click Check for Updates...
I have updated 3 times and it still gives this message. its driving me crazy.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- RockMelt Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Hotbar SAI Plugin for Mozilla
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/2009070611 Firefox/3.0.12 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
I have done all possible updates
hello, your useragent (the information the browser sends to websites to identify its version) - apparently mistakenly - shows you're on firefox version 3. probably some sort of toolbar or adware has overwritten it. please refer to this article in order to reset the user-agent settings in firefox: Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version
(FBSMTWB: Fast Browser Search Make The Web Better)
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/2009070611 Firefox/3.0.12 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
I also have the same problem, I even went to check all my addons and updated them all and still got the message that my browser was out of date etc. I'd like to try the fix listed above but am wary of following advice listed under a pseudonym [no offence intended to madperson whatsoever!] perhaps if the original poster of the problem, meganc0102, could report back as to whether she has used this fix successfully, I would then feel more confident? Forgive my wariness, but if I stuff something up on the computer, then it might be costly to fix it!, thanks in advance for your understanding, I also accessed the link listed by cor-el but was unable to make any sense of where it led me???? all answers appreciated, Kind regards
Go ahead and follow the advice in the article, Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version
It's in a Mozilla Support article that's been reviewed and approved.
It might be better if you start your own thread, which would show your User Agent in "More System Details". See Get community support.
Many thanks for your Alice for giving me confidence to give it a go! problem solvered!