Not able to use the Tab key to Tab indent when within a text edit window...
Two questions please... First one is above for the tab function. In Safari I just need to press control+option+tab to indent a tab within a text edit box on a website. This function is being used more via cloud and mobile capability.
Second... I can, in Safari, Copy and paste a site with tables. Works great in Safari. When I try to do this in FF I lose the formatting of the tables and it just give plain text without the tabled fields.
I would love to use FF because the compatibility if much greater than Safari, but... I need my functionality as well to do my work to the best and quickest ability.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- Picasa plugin.
- Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY MyCamera Download Plugin
- Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
I have tried neither of the following add-ons. Post back with your results/comments..
Tab in Text Area - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tabinta/
Dafizilla Table2Clipboard - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dafizilla-table2clipboard/
Bewerkt door TheOldFox op
Help About says I'm on 20.0.1
Up until last week, I was able to use the tab key when typing emails and other multi-line text boxes.
Suddenly the behavior of the tab key changed. This isn't the first time. It's been quite a while ago that the function of the tab key changed from indenting to moving around the page, then after some time it changed back to indenting.
Can we get this fixed and leave it alone, please?
I may give one of those add-ins a try, but my problem with add-ins is that they break when FF is patched or upgraded, then I'm left with out the solution they provide.
Can we just fix Firefox, please?
P.S. Another potential fix I came across suggested starting FF in safe mode to see if the problem goes away. It does not. It seems to be a change to FF that appeared after an update last week. On or just befor 24 Apr.
Well Tabinta is out ...
"Please note that Tabinta is only for plain textarea fields which means that it does not work in e.g. rich text editors which support boldface etc."