The right-click menu options "Open Link in New Tab" and "Open Link in New Window" are both not working suddenly.
I'm using version 15.0.1. How can I get these options to work? I searched for this question and found an answer was previously offered which was to uninstall the Ask toolbar due to incompatibility. I checked for this and I don't have it.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- DivX Plus Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Sara, I started having the same problem yesterday. In my case I was able to remedy it by disabling FasterFox 3.9.81. If you don't have that installed, I would recommend turning off your extensions (one by one), restarting firefox, and testing until you find the offender. Hope that helps!
I had this problem -- it occurred after windows xp updates on 10 Oct 2012. When I clicked on help->about in the firefox menu, I was automatically updated to version 16. Everything then worked fine for the rest of the day.
However, today I have problems with bookmark menu.
I have now uninstalled version 16 and re-installed version 15.0.1. My bookmarks are back and the right-click -> openlink in new tab is functional once again.
As of the recent update to version 19.0 suddenly this option has stopped working reliably. Sometimes I hit it reflexively and suddenly it works. but mostly all I get is a sort of ghostly outline and the 'working' signal but nothing happens.