I need to install the jssh.xpi plugin for version 4.0.1. Is this plugin supported?
I am running web browser automation using WatiN and Firefox 4.0.1. In order to automate I need to install this jssh.xpi plugin. It does exist for Firefox version 3.6. Will this be supported in version 4.0.1?
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
I need this plugin to connect to the jssh server.
Usually if you try to install an add-on packaged as a .xpi file, it contains a list of compatible Firefox versions and Firefox won't enable it unless you are running one of those versions. So... I think the question should be directed toward whoever packages the add-on. I searched a bit, but couldn't figure out who is in charge of that.
Random web results that might help:
Thanks, jscher2000. I guess the real question is: Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a jssh.xpi plugin for Firefox 4.0.1? If so, who makes it and where can I download it? Has anyone done any successful automation testing with Firefox 3.x and WatiN? - Just curious -
See also /questions/820677
I appreciate the reference, cor-el. I am actually following that entry as well. I did go back to Firefox 3.6.17 and installed jssh.xpi for version 3.6 and successfully ran an automation script using WatiN. It works pretty sweet. I am looking forward to using FireFox 4.0.1 but I don't have a clue where to get a similar jssh.xpi for it. Thanks again.