Since the 73.0.1 update went through, all tabs keep crashing. Refreshing and reinstalling didn't help. It's practically useless now.
The update came through earlier today and not a single tab has loaded since. They keep crashing and no amount of restoring works. There are no crash logs. I have restarted, cleared cache, refreshed browser, uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Is there anything else to do before ditching it for good?
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:71.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/71.0
Anything in the Windows Event logs ?
You can try to start Firefox in Safe Mode:
- Windows: hold down the Shift key while starting Firefox
- Mac: hold down the Options key while starting Firefox
- Help -> Restart with Add-ons Disabled
Boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support to see if that has effect in case security software is causing problems.
We have recently seen multiple reports that Bitdefender is causing issues with tab crashes in Firefox 73. If you use Bitdefender and suffer from this issue then try to uninstall this software, including Bitdefender Agent.
- /questions/1280327 Firefox 73.0.1 was working fine, suddenly all new tabs "tab crash".
You can possibly contact Bitdefender for support.
Bewerkt door cor-el op