Firefox Sync goes into a loop after computer wakes up from Sleep
This happens most times (not always but more often than not) -
1. Firefox is open and running 2. Computer is put to Sleep and stays dormant for an extended period of time (at least a couple of hours) 3. Computer wakes up 4. Firefox Sync is in an infinite loop - the Sync icon in the menu (usually static and showing the last update time in the tooltip) is continuously rotating and never stops 5. In the above state, any change made to the Bookmarks are not stored
The only way to get out of the above state is to forcibly shut down Firefox (it always activates the Crash Reporter) and then restart with a fresh session. This has been happening for all the last few major releases
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
To help try to figure out what was happening before Firefox "froze" and you were unable to "Exit" Firefox properly, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash. Assuming those crash reports were sent to Mozilla.
The crash report is several pages of data. We need the report numbers to see the whole report.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A list of Submitted/Unsubmitted Crash Reports will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Submitted Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste those IDs into the "Post a Reply" box.
Note: If a recent Report ID does not start with bp- click on it to submit the report.
(Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the IDs. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like.)
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
I got the browser to freeze and crash on Exit today. This is the Report ID from today -
Some more additional information about what I tried to do before the crash
1. Firefox has been up for some time over multiple computer Sleep sessions 2. I made changes to a bookmark in the bookmark manager 3. As soon as the changes were done Firefox tries to Sync the changes (bookmark syncing is enabled) 4. The status wheel keeps spinning. I can still use the browser normally. But the Sync doesn't complete and any more changes to the bookmarks will not be saved 5. When I hit "Exit" to shutdown the browser, the crash occurs