Since last update starting FF takes 20min or more, often FF is "not responding", hundreds of "Unresponsive Scripts" etc. . I'm sick of it !
Since last update starting FF takes 20min or more, often FF is "not responding", I get totally white or black starting pages, lots of "Unresponsive Script" messages, missing or misplaced buttons on pages, pages malformed, error messages of "Profile Missing", " Unresponsive Plugin", when FF is "not responding" it freezes and then closes so al my work is gone, NULLIFIED ! etc. . It's getting on my nerves, I'm sick of it !
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- e.dentifier2 Plug-in for Mozilla
- Intel AppUp Hyperlink Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
You can at least check the issuer of the certificate like I posted above by pasting this chrome URL in the Firefox location/address bar.
Firefox uses the "chrome://" protocol to access its own internal files and also access files from extensions (no relation with Google Chrome).
What security software do you have?
There is security software like Avast and Kaspersky and BitDefender that intercept secure connections and send their own certificate.
There shouldn't be a problem with the certificate of ABN-AMRO No problems here with their website.
I tried the first "solution" Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mentioned above, and now Firefox has gone completly berserk, google.com is "not trusted" coogle translate neither, eBay pages are loaded as a blank pages, and I can't even load my e-mail providers site anymore.
Sorry to hear that, it's normally not an issue. The free version of Malwarebytes Anti-malware usually doesn't cause this issue because it does not intercept secure connections in real time, it just scans "on demand."
If you installed a 14-day trial of the "Premium" product, perhaps that is causing the problem? Assuming you haven't paid anything yet, you might want to remove it, or check whether it can be configured not to tamper with secure connections your browsers make to websites.
- Malwarebytes | How do I uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?
- https://www.malwarebytes.org/support/guides/mbam/Detection.html or attached screenshot (it's their screenshot I just added the red annotations, I didn't try it myself)
Let's face it FF screwed it up this time. I never thought I would have to say this but I am having to use IE in order to view sites FF wont even show anymore. I am now looking for a new browser. So long FF it was good until mozilla got to big.
You posted no questions, so why are you complaining?
J0es You posted no questions, so why are you complaining?
You posted no answer so why bother posting? I said FF made a mistake and they have, their latest update and the program acting up to a point that it is unusable. You want a question then why did FF mess it up so bad?