Bookmarks deleted after firefox re-install
I deleted firefox as I was having some issues with the browser. I did a clean install. I'm using Mavericks and firefox 33.0.2 version (because I went into time machine to recover bookmarks since the new version firefox 39 did not have them)
When I downloaded the 33 version, firefox opened but no bookmarks? I have tried: 1. going to library in time machine and trying to find the "bookmarks profile folder or Firefox Profile Folder---NOTHING?
Any ideas? if this bookmark folder gone? otherwise where is it?
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 15.007.20033
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Version 184.108.40.20698
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.3
- Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Hi tracor, A clean reinstall sounds like it would clear the profile. Unless you have a back up I am sorry, but the data cannot be restored.
Do you see a profile folder from the previous install?
You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Do you have any compressed .jsonlz4 backups in the bookmarkbackups folder?
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox profile folder.
- Places Maintenance: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/places-maintenance/
If you use the Time Machine then see if you can restore the file(s) from that backup.