Deze conversatie is gearchiveerd. Stel een nieuwe vraag als u hulp nodig hebt.
Sync failed and corrupted server-side data - why?
Ive installed firefox on my laptop, logged into sync and figured it would update my firefox with everything the one on my home computer has, since i chose to sync everything, both on the home computer, and on the laptop. However, nothing synced. Nothing at all. When i try to restore bookmarks manually, it offers only the stock bookmarks which it just synced to the server. There was no return-sync occurring. Now i'm worried that the rotten thing not only failed at return-syncing, but corrupted and replaced the remote-stored sync with the stock state of the laptop firefox. I see no fault on my part as for why this happened.
Alle antwoorden (5)
Is there a backup of bookmarks from the original computer, I have not been able to see bookmark backups sync with the Firefox sync services.
- Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer and if you have a backup of the places.sqlite file you may be able to correct the corruption with Places Maintenance Add on
- Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles
However yes, this is possible when a file in the profile becomes corrupt, are any of the former bookmarks moved to "Unsorted Bookmarks"?
Thankfully, it hasn't corrupted the home computer bookmarks. However, it did add the stock bookmarks it synced from the laptop firefox to the home computer firefox. I couldn't even guess why it won't update the laptop firefox with the home computer firefox state.
Ah, this is because the two profiles will merge when attached the account.
Fair enough, but the problem is that the profile of the Firefox on the home computer doesn't merge with the profile of the firefox on the laptop. As i've stated in my opening post.
My apologies I forgot to touch on this:
- Make sure both computers are on the same version of Firefox Sync (connected at accounts.firefox.com)
- Make sure that cookies are accepted from the url above as well.
- Make sure that this preference is selected in the list of what to sync found [about:preferences#sync]
- To troubleshoot, on both computers select Tools > Sync Now and take a break while the sync process starts