This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
facebook flash player pro
When i try to load the facebook login page or yahoo mail or someother sites i get a message come up saying 'WARNING! Your flash player may be out of date. Please update to continue.' If you click to continue takes to to page saying to download flash player pro... i dont even think there is such a program as this is there? When i click to download nothing really happens so is this a virus i have on my computer?
Ive been through flash player online and updated my flash players and it still doesnt the same thing.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
All Replies (2)
- Start Firefox in safe mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem:
- Malwares can also cause these problems:
- You can also use some add-ons to block ads/popups:
If you get a pop-up message asking to update Firefox or plugins or scanning for malware then such a message is likely a scam and you should never respond to such an alert to avoid getting infected with malware.
- Only update Firefox via "Help > About" or by downloading and installing Firefox from the Mozilla server and never via a pop-up or link on a web page.
- Plugins should only be updated via the plugin itself or by visiting the home page of the plugin.
Do a malware check with several malware scanning programs on the Windows computer. Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware. All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked