Firefox can't load any page, including about:config and about:preferences. about:support is working. All menus and surrounding UI is working too, but, for example, if I t… (read more)
Firefox can't load any page, including about:config and about:preferences. about:support is working. All menus and surrounding UI is working too, but, for example, if I try to open Preferences page from menu - it will not open, even new tab isn't created.
If I start firefox with MOZ_DISABLE_CONTENT_SANDBOX=1 all works fine. Problem appeared after I accidentally used all of my laptop RAM with other app. Firefox didn't crashed, but after reopening this issue is began appearing.
I use Linux Mint 20, and apt-upgraded all packages (including firefox) right after this issue first appeared. I tried to:
- restart browser (didn't work)
- restart laptop (didn't work)
- use different profile (didn't work)
- use browser safe mode (didn't work)
- clear caches (didn't work)
- disable all extensions (didn't work)
- use different versions: 75.0, 87.0, 82.0, freshly-compiled by myself (didn't work)
- refreshing firefox (didn't work)
- run firefox with MOZ_DISABLE_CONTENT_SANDBOX=1 (worked, but it's obviously unsafe and don't fix the root problem)
I found some issues and bugs that looks pretty similar to mine:
Also, after closing firefox, it stays running in processes, and I can't open new window for 30 seconds or more after closing old window.
I think it's bug and problem is somewhere in firefox sources. Do you have any ideas, how can I fix this?