Why can I not open a new tab in the new Firefox? (via the + sign or Ctrl T)
In the new interface on Firefox (which started for me today ... May 2 ...), I cannot open a new tab via the "+" sign along the top or by using Ctrl + T. If I want more than one thing open at the same time, I need to open a "New Window", which doesn't make much sense. I don't necessarily want a bunch of windows but may need a few tabs open at the same time.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.9
- Autofill Engine for Gecko and Webkit-based web browsers
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Sony Reader Application Detector Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
Hi bmail, on two other things:
(1) cut paste, etc
You can drag Cut Copy Paste from the top of the menu to the toolbar.
(2) "loading" circle
This is called the "throbber" and I'm not sure how to move it from its normal per-tab position.
To Cor-el and jscher2000. THANK YOU!!! That worked like a charm! It's back where I wanted it.
Now about that web loading circle...How can I get that back next to the "+" sign?
"This is called the "throbber" and I'm not sure how to move it from its normal per-tab position."
That's too bad. I guess I was one of only a small hand full of people that found putting the throbber (didn't know what it was called) to the far right a nice feature, otherwise I would guess FF would have kept that option.
Well it was still great to get my "+" back. Thanks again for helping me fix the "+" and the quick replies.
Modified by bmail