firefox will not allow me to add a certificate exception for myibidder.com
when I go to https://myibidder.com, I get "Secure Connection Failed...(Error code: sec_error_keygen_fail).", but without the security exception links.
When I try to add the exception manually with "edit->advanced->encryption->view certificates->servers->add exception", I get "No information available...unable to obtain identficiation status for the given site"
There are no problems with this site with the Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers. This is only a problem with Firefox.
does anybody have and ideas about this?
When I search around about this error, I find an NSS bug that was fixed in Summer 2012. I'm not sure that patch made it into Firefox 17. Is there any reason you cannot update?Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- ibm global print plugin v3.1
- ICA Plugin (Linux) Version 22.214.171.124066 (/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica)
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0 for Mozilla browsers.
- Free Gpws Plugin
- nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in particular for linux/i386 plugins.This beta software is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- Plugin for Installing Applications (new)
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20130307 Firefox/17.0
When I search around about this error, I find an NSS bug that was fixed in Summer 2012. I'm not sure that patch made it into Firefox 17. Is there any reason you cannot update?
Modified by jscher2000
yes, upgrading to v27 from v17, did solve the problem. This is a company laptop, so I'm not sure why it was never upgraded, especially when so many new versions have been available for a while.
thanks for your help.