every time i try to update. it doesn't allow me - says firefox is in use
I drag icon to application in the simple updating process. it starts, then says it can't update as the item "firefox is in use" -- very frustrating, now i can't view video in you tube because of old version still in use -- help!!
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7
Try the following:
- Open the Mac Task Manager
- Stop the Firefox.exe process from the task manager
NOTE: I am not a Mac user and have no experience using Mac computers. The above steps work in Windows and should work in Mac as well, but I am not sure how to open the Task Manager equivalent on Mac.
Hello bobvn, if you have problem with update firefox the better way is to download and install the new version.
1. Download a copy of the latest firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
2. Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean install.
3. Install the version that you have downloaded.
Do not select to remove your personal data, your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks or other personal data.
see also: Installing Firefox on Mac