Firefox has suddenly starting downloading audio instead of streaming it.
I am in version 3.5.7 and I can't go higher on my iMac OS. For years now, Firefox has been streaming mp3s from the website I work on, which is the way I need to work. Suddenly, today, it started downloading the files (including all the old ones that used to work fine), instead of streaming them. I have not updated Firefox (for some time, obviously), nor have I made changes to any other applications on this computer. Is there any setting in 3.5.7 that I can change to make Firefox stream the audio again instead of downloading? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Additional System Details
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 188.8.131.52
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- npmnqmp 071505000006
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7
With your mac you can actually go to Firefox 3.6.28, you should update to that (it's a bit better than 3.5)
I just downloaded 3.6.28 (I think I may have tried this once before) and it turned my activedit software, which I need to work in for my job, into html garbage characters -- so I had to switch back to 3.5.7. Either way, the streaming/downloading issue was still there in 3.6.28...