photo file choose button not working properly in firefox 3.6.10
I am developing an application in django,in which it contain a page where user can upload photos and voice files.It is working perfectly in chrome and firefox 21,but fail to work on firefox 3.6.10.
Problem is choose file button is not accepting the file input in firefox 3.6.10,means click is not happening.If we click the choose file button,it is not responding and not working.
this is my html button,
<button id="choose" type="button" class="button_style" value="Choose_File" onclick="$('#file').click()">Choose File</button>
This is particularly in firefox 3.6.10 and working fine in all other versions.Need help to solve this issue.
Additional System Details
- nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in particular for linux/i386 plugins.This beta software is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The Totem 2.32.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- The IcedTea NPR Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea6 1.9.1 (fedora-22.214.171.124.fc14-i386)) executes Java applets.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101005 Fedora/3.6.10-1.fc14 Firefox/3.6.10
Hi sivaramr, Is there any specific reason of using FF 3.6.10? As you know the newest versions are having many facilities and also it is working on your device.
Yes Amitshree i know good features are in firefox latest version but the requirement is from customer side,as they noticed the problem in firefox 3.6.10 i am requested to solve this,please help me.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
In firefox 3.6.10,i am not able to find the reset Firefox button.Copy all to clipboard button is their and Open containing Folder button is their.Please see my screen shot.
Amitshree,any update on this bug.
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Hello, just to avoid confusion
- The Reset Firefox feature exist from Firefox 15 and above, and the safe mode option in Firefox 14 and below it has :
1)Make Changes and Restart (only if you select permanent changes) 2)Continue in Safe Mode (usually to check the problems without permantly changes) and 3)Exit
see: Safe Mode options
Hi,i removed all add_ons,plugins and themes and checked,still the problem is their,so what could be the problem,Can you tell me.
Hi All,after removing the plugins and themes still the same problem,can you tell me what could be the problem.
Modified by sivaramr
Hi sivaramr, this is a very old firefox version. I exactly don't know what are the features available in this version of firefox? May be other contributors can help you out?
I can understand you need to fix this if it is a customer requirement but this will be unusual, (even more so if in Linux) because Firefox 3.6 is old, unsupported and a security risk.
If you fix this you only encourage users to stay on an insecure browser. If you are directly supporting users in browser choice and use you could consider Firefox ESR
It would be better if you were able to advise your customers to upgrade to a newer version of Firefox or failing that to use a different browser. You do say your application works in other browsers.
If no one here attempts to answer your question directly then it may be worth trying, and at least asking if the subject is considered on topic