This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
why do i CONSTANTLY get dosconnected from net?
damn! i filled this out and when i went to send i got a connection timed out.
cache clear, virus run and clear. i just keep getting disconnected. as i said 3 times just doing this
All Replies (12)
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
i used revo uninstaller and deleted firefox completely. then i reinstalled it. the issue of time out and disconnects persists..
Disable your Antivirus and Firewall and check it out.
are you using any proxy server?
TW cable will come tomorrow. after several conversations..the issue may be with my wireless UBEE system
we shall see.
i do not know..how do i find that? clearly i am not competent with tech iissues
which antivirus are you using?
avg 2013..free version
what will this prove? how long should i let the firewall be disabled???? thanks
i have opened AVG and i can not find a TOOLS option on my version! ( free) sorry i must seem dim but i am not..just not tech savvy i guess
your link is for avg 2011..i use 2013..so maybe thats why i cant find tools????