Why do I now get pop up screens on firefox just like some other browsers/sites ie. screens with people's faces etc?
Screens pop up in the background behind the main screen. Never did that before. Did it all day yesterday and now that I'm typing this question not a pop up.
Will do and thanks for the quick reply.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Google Update
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
hello franco501, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? if not, maybe an addon is interfering here...
I spoke to soon and I checked after asking the question. There was an ad for losing belly fat! How do you launch in the safe mode.
You can use one of these to start Firefox in Safe Mode:
- On Windows, hold down the Shift key while starting Firefox with a double-click on the Firefox desktop shortcut
- On Mac, hold down the Options key while starting Firefox
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
Will do and thanks for the quick reply.