This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
unable to type inurl, firefox will not go to any site that isnot alreay in my favorites
I am not able to go to any website by typing in the url, I can only go to sites that are already part of my favorites. I have tried the firefox reset, did not work, i have tried to start firefox in safe mode, did not work. I have tried to load a web browser, it wont allow me to load any type of search engine.
All Replies (3)
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
You can tell more are not. because I was so close case.