I can't import bookmarks from SAFARI 6.0.1 on a MAC to FIREFOX 15.0.1.
I've followed directions for importing from HTML file and importing from another browser to no avail. I did get empty folders importing from another browser. Just empty folders no bookmarks.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
try the manual way, launch Safari then from the File menu > select Export Bookmarks... and save it on desktop(the file is html) then open Firefox click the "Bookmarks" menu > click the "Show All Bookmarks" menu > click the Import and Backup button in the popup dialog, select "import HTML", choose the html file on your desktop.
I had tried that. I've dragged and dropped the HTML file too. That does put the bookmarks in Firefox but as an html file that can't be updated. I've done everything I know. I've noticed when searching for answers on the help site of Mozilla or Firefox that directions to import bookmarks FROM Chrome or IE are readily available and I can find info on how to EXPORT bookmarks from Firefox to Safari but I just can not find IMPORT bookmarks from Safari to Firefox. I wonder.
Go to "import data from another browser" instead of copying html file from desktop. It works. You can also import preferences, browsing history as well if you choose to. 1. "show all bookmarks", 2. "import data from another browser" 3. "safari" will come up 4. "continue" 5. select what you want to copy, there is option for bookmarks ....
import from another browser is not highlighted... neither is, import, under file... any suggestions..?
- [/questions/932927] Firefox 14.01 not importing html bookmarks
You probably need to edit the HTML file and remove all FOLDED attributes in the H3 tags.
thank you... but, i have no idea what you just said... is the problem with the firefox browser...?
Did you manage to export the bookmarks in Safari to an HTML file like posted above?
You need to do that first.
After that you should be able to import the file in Firefox.
- Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks > Import & Backup > Import Bookmarks from HTML
I have Firefox 16.0.2. Look at the left panel, third line from the bottom, it shows folder "From Safari". Please see attached screen shot.