Hi, I am trying to upgrade to the latest firefox on a vista machine where I am admin - the upgrade informs me that I do not have rights - I was able to back level to 3.0.3 - I had 9.0.1 but it started crashing on start-up
running vista home premium - patches are up to date. tried both my admin and my install ID - rebooted the box - same results - very strange....
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
tried reloading firefox when I got the message that I do not have permission on my ID.... ;-/